This week our preparations for Christmas is a bit easier. We are going to declutter and clean the kids room, or maybe a bonus room if you have one. One thing you want to consider is cleaning out the toys, as new ones will be coming in.
Our holiday checklist this week consist of:
(below taken from Organized Christmas, Houseworks Holiday Plan)
- Seasonal Spruce-Up exercise. Complete the seasonal spruce-up exercise to plan any pre-holiday home improvements. Make a realistic list of home improvement chores to complete before the holiday season.
- Declutter children's toys. Work with your child to reduce clutter in the toy closet. Assessing the remaining toys will help you make a good gift list.
- Begin collecting stocking stuffers. Use a Stocking Stuffers inventory (get it here) form to remind you about stocking gifts on hand.
- Hit the back-to-school clearance sales. After-season sales are a great source for stocking stuffers and crafts supplies. Don't forget to load up on tape and scissors at bargain prices!
- Consult the kids and decide on Halloween costumes. Schedule any sewing sessions in good time to be completed by October 10.
- Plan family Advent celebrations. Look for creative ways to make the season come alive at the library or on the Web. Order any day-by-day materials or Advent calendars now.
- Divide the Christmas card list (get your list form here) into five sections. Complete one section this week. Goal: to be finished writing, signing and addressing cards by November 1.
You can find other great internet inspiration by visiting.
Don’t forget to print your weekly printables here for your binder.Pin It