Welcome to Country Christmas

Monday, October 13, 2008

One of my favorite things to do

in December is make a trip to Williamsburg Va.  If you can you should.  I simply love going down there and taking pictures of the doors all decked out for the holidays.  I haven't gotten to go the last several years but hope to make that trip this year.  I will show you some of the doors from previous years past.  Since I am intrigued with history, I love to scope out the colonial traditions for christmas.  If you would like to find out more click on "A Colonial Christmas".  I like to incorporate some of their traditions in ours.  We'll discuss some these later.

If you have a country christmas website, I hope you will let me know about it so I can visit. 

On to the doors.....
Pin It

2 comments:

"Blossom" said...

My husband and I love to visit Williamsburg Va. Your're right it' so beautiful at Christmas time.
These photos bring back memories of when we where there.
thank you,
blossom

My Colonial Home said...

What a beautiful place to visit. We have been there 5 times now and never tire of it - seems each time I learn something new.
2 years ago we went over Memorial week and there was a Phife & Drum competition on the grounds - all young kids....it gave you chills it was so beautiful.
Karen